Wednesday, June 6, 2012

great things

we had arrived at my mom's house and the kids immediately jumped out of the car and headed inside.
i took baby girl and my bag inside
then headed back out to get baby boy.
when i got closer to the car i realized that my biggest boy, who is 9 years old, was still in the back seat.
actually, he was leaning over the seat whispering to baby boy.
"youre going to be a world changer, baby boy, you really are.
youre going to do great things...you hear me?  great things, buddy."

it is in that moment that i see
my kids get it.
and i believe those words will impact his life
whether he is here with us
or not.

3 comments:

  1. oh dear, thanks for the tears gushing out of my eyes! Girl, I am praying for you and your amazing family! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart soars for you, and my eyes are a bit weepy. What beautiful hearts your family has. {Michelle}

    ReplyDelete
  3. so powerful! and what a testimony to your parenting! beautiful!
    heather ;)

    ReplyDelete